Swim Start Waves:
Swim Waves and Cap Colors:
- 7:50 AM Wave 1: All Half Age Group Males & Clydesdales
- 7:55 AM Wave 2: All Half Age Group Females, Athenas, Aquabike, & Relays
- 8:20 AM Wave 3: All Collegiate Athletes (Men & Women)
- 8:25 AM Wave 4: All Age Group Olympic Men & Clydesdales
- 8:30AM Wave 5: All Age Group Olympic Females, Athenas, Aquabike, & Relays
**Red Caps will be available for all swimmers who feel uncomfortable in the water, just ask at registration and we will provide you with a different cap. By taking a red cap lifeguards, kayaks, and race officials will know to keep a close eye on you**
The swim takes place in Lake Hartwell is one of the southeast’s largest and most popular public recreation lakes.
The swim is a large arc. You will start the swim leaving from the southern beach area of the park, swimming in a counter clockwise direction around the park’s peninsula, and exiting the lake at the boat launch area on the north shore.
The majority of our events are held in locations where the swim course utilizes a body of water that is open to the general public for swimming, boating and other recreational and commercial activities. Rev3 wishes to caution all participants that it does not provide lifeguard services prior to the event, and that all participants who swim prior to race day or during non practice swim hours will do so at their own risk.
While we make reasonable efforts to inspect the swim entry and exit points for underwater hazards, the inspection does not take place until just before the swim discipline starts. Participants are further admonished to exercise caution and use common sense if they elect to swim prior to the event and to be mindful of underwater hazards. Keep in mind that this is a natural body of water and is subject to hidden hazards including, but not limited to: currents, underwater obstructions, tides, rip currents and indigenous marine life.
Swim Course Rules and Regulations:
- Wearing swim goggles or a face mask is recommended, but optional
- No fins, paddles, or flotation devices of any kind allowed
- Timing Chips must be secured on your ankle.
- No individual paddlers or escorts allowed. Course will be adequately patrolled by surfboards, kayaks, and patrol boats.
- Please do not apply sunscreen or Vaseline to areas bearing your race number prior to applying your race number. Numbers must remain on during the swim.
- Time penalties may be imposed on an athlete not behind the official start line 5 minutes prior to the race start.
- Swimmers are required to stay on course and keep turn buoys on their right. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- If you require assistance in the swim you are able to hold on to any kayak as long as you do not make any forward progression. If you are unable to finish the swim or need immediate assistance please remove your swim cap and wave it in the air until a boat or lifeguard is by your side.
- Each swimmer must wear the colored swim cap provided by the Race Director, unless you have latex allergies or you switch for the red swim cap.