Swim Start Waves:
|PRO MEN||7:00 AM||SILVER|
|PRO WOMEN||7:02 AM||WHITE|
|MEN UNDER 40||7:10 AM||NEON ORANGE|
|MEN 40+||7:15 AM||BLUE|
|ALL, WOMEN, AQUABIKE, RELAYS||7:20 AM||LIGHT PURPLE|
|ALL MEN||7:50 AM||NEON GREEN|
|ALL WOMEN||7:55 AM||NEON PINK|
**Red Caps will be available for all swimmers who feel uncomfortable in the water, just ask at registration and we will provide you with a different cap. By taking a red cap lifeguards, kayaks, and race officials will know to keep a close eye on you**
The majority of our events are held in locations where the swim course utilizes a body of water that is open to the general public for swimming, boating and other recreational and commercial activities. Rev3 wishes to caution all participants that it does not provide lifeguard services prior to the event, and that all participants who swim prior to race day will do so at their own risk.
While we make reasonable efforts to inspect the swim entry and exit points for underwater hazards, the inspection does not take place until just before the swim discipline starts. Participants are further admonished to exercise caution and use common sense if they elect to swim prior to the event and to be mindful of underwater hazards. Keep in mind that this is a natural body of water and is subject to hidden hazards including, but not limited to: currents, underwater obstructions, tides, rip currents and indigenous marine life.
- Start on Moonshine Beach, off of Highway 165 and located near Table Rock Dam.
- No parking is available at Moonshine Beach. Plan ample time to park at Branson Landing and take an event bus to Moonshine Beach.
- Buses start running at 4:30am from the North parking area, next to the Belk Department store. Please take the first available bus. Spectators are welcome to ride buses, please be courteous and allow athletes first.
- Buses will continue to run until 8:30am, to return spectators to Branson Landing following the swim event.
- Do not stop in front of the entrance to Moonshine Beach to get dropped off, it is a traffic hazard and impedes the busses from entering and exiting. The parking lot for The Chateau is to the East, if in need of a driveway to drop off or turn around. There is no event parking available at The Chateau and their security does monitor the lot.
Swim Course starts out from Moonshine Beach. Athletes swim Clockwise along buoys placed every 100 meters for a triangular-shaped swim course. Athletes exit Table Rock Lake on Moonshine Beach and travel a short 50 meters to Transition 1, located in the upper Beach Parking Lot.
Swim Course Rules and Regulations:
- Wearing swim goggles or a face mask is recommended, but optional
- No fins, paddles, or flotation devices of any kind allowed
- Timing Chips must be secured on your ankle.
- No individual paddlers or escorts allowed. Course will be adequately patrolled by surfboards, kayaks, and patrol boats.
- Please do not apply sunscreen or Vaseline to areas bearing your race number prior to applying your race number. Numbers must remain on during the swim.
- Time penalties may be imposed on an athlete not behind the official start line 5 minutes prior to the race start.
- Swimmers are required to stay on course, swim clockwise, and keep turn buoys on their right. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- If you require assistance in the swim you are able to hold on to any kayak as long as you do not make any forward progression. If you are unable to finish the swim or need immediate assistance please remove your swim cap and wave it in the air until a boat or lifeguard is by your side.
- Each swimmer must wear the colored swim cap provided by the Race Director, unless you have latex allergies or you switch for the red swim cap.