Course Rules & Markings
- Wearing swim goggles or a face mask is recommended, but optional
- No fins, paddles, or flotation devices of any kind allowed
- Timing Chips must be properly fixed on your ankle.
- No individual paddlers or escorts allowed. Course will be adequately patrolled by surfboards, kayaks and patrol boats.
- Please do not apply sunscreen or Vaseline to areas bearing your race number prior to numbering. Numbers must remain on during the swim.
- Time penalties may be imposed on athletes not behind the official start line 5 minutes prior to race start.
- Swimmers are required to stay on course, swim clockwise and keep course markers on their right. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- Any assistance required during the swim will result in disqualification.
- Each Swimmer must wear the colored swim cap provided by the Director
BIKE COURSE RULES
- Ride on the right side of your lane.
- Keep three bike lengths between yourself and the cyclist in front of you.
- Pass on the left of the cyclist in front, never on the right.
- Complete your pass within 15 seconds.
- If passed, you must drop completely out of the zone, to the rear, before attempting to re-pass.
- Marshals commonly cite the following violations:
- Position– riding on the left side of the lane without passing.
- Blocking – left side riding and impeding the forward progress of another competitor
- Illegal Pass – passing on the right.
- Overtaken – failing to drop back three bike lengths before re-passing
- Drafting – following a leading cyclist closer than three bike lengths and failing to pass within 15 seconds.
- Helmets must be approved by a national accredited testing authority.
- While on your bike, always have your chinstrap securely fastened – before, during and after the event.
BIKE course markings
- The Sprint Rev will be marked with Red signs and foot long Red duct tape arrows on the ground
- The Olympic Bike course will be marked with Green signs and foot long Green duct tape arrows on the ground.
- The Half Bike course will be marked with Pink signs and pink duct tape arrows on the ground.
RUN COURSE RULES
- No form of locomotion other than running, walking or crawling is allowed
- Runners must wear number at all times on the course. Race numbers issued by REV3 identify the official contestants in the race. Folding or cutting race number or intentional alteration of any kind is strictly prohibited. Run number must be placed on front of runner securely attached. Race belts may be worn. Shoes and shirts are required on the run segment at all times.
- This is an individual event. No individual support vehicles or non-contestant escort runners are allowed. Teamwork as a resut of outside assistance that provides an advantage over single competitors is not allowed. Ample aid and food stations will be provided. Individual support vehicles or non-contestant escort runners will result in disqualification. A non-contestant escort runner includes contestants who have withdrawn from the race, have been disqualified or have finished the race. Friends, family members, coaches, or supporters of any type may not bike, drive, or run alongside contestant, may not pass food or other items to contestant and should be warned to stay completely clear of all contestants to avoid disqualification. It is incumbent upon each contestant to reject immediately any attempt to assist, follow or escort.
- Ample food and beverage will be provided at transition and rest areas.
- Follow the directions and instructions of all race officials and public authorities.
RUN Course markings
- The Sprint run course will be marked with Grey Signs and Grey duct tape arrows on the ground.
- The Olympic run course will be marked with Yellow Signs and yellow duct tape arrows on the ground.
- The Half Run Course will be marked with Orange Signs and Orange duct tape arrows on the ground.