Spinlister is a peer-to-peer bike rental platform to connect the cycling universe, help the environment, and encourage peer-to-peer sharing. With their seamless web, iOS, and android apps, built-in security features, and a database of user reviews, Spinlister has won the trust of communities of athletes all over the world.
Spinlister provides a platform for listers and renters to meet. Listers make money by renting their equipment to like-minded people while renters find a variety of rides all over the world for an affordable price. Spinlister currently has users in over 100 countries and insures all bikes (up to $10,000), skis/snowboards (up to $1,000), and SUPs/surfboards (up to $2,000) against theft or damage.
How it works for people listing:
1) Members easily sign up through our web platform, iOS app, or Android app.
2) They list their bicycles, skis, snowboards, SUPs, or surfboards with real photos, to rent to likeminded people worldwide. They set their own price, which they can also adjust per rental.
3) Users searching for equipment in their area request to rent for specified days and times. Listers can easily turn down an offer if the agreement doesn’t work for them.
4) Money is transferred securely prior to pick up, eliminating any uncomfortable conversations or non-payment.
5) Every bike listed is insured up to $5,000, skis/snowboards $1,000, and SUPs/surfboards $2,000 against theft or damage, making the experience completely safe for every person listing their gear. Both renters and listers can review each other and become verified through Facebook, Twitter, and cell phone.
How it works for the renter:
1) Users search for bikes, skis, snowboards, SUPs, or surfboards in the area they wish to rent.
2) They view the equipment available in that area and make a request to rent the ride.
3) There is an in-app chat feature allowing both parties to communicate about price, components, verifications, reviews, etc. Once the lister decides they will rent the equipment to the person requesting, they “confirm” the request.
4) Renter pays for the rental and picks up their equipment at the negotiated time and place.