The course previews are designed to showcase the key features of the Rev3 Maine races, including the Rev Half, Rev Oly, and SheJams Oly. We will begin with a course talk where we’ll be discussing the transition area, swim start and finish, swim, bike, and run courses as well as the race finish.
The swim course preview will begin with previewing the swim start and swimming at Old Orchard beach in the same location where the race course will be set. Pending on tides, buoys will be set out to assist with sighting and provide guidance. It will conclude with previewing the swim finish and the brief run up to the transition area.
Following the swim, participants will have the option to preview the run courses. There will be knowledgable coaches on hand ready to answer any questions and provide racing tips.
The bike course previews will begin with a brief talk about the courses (same as above) and include riding the olympic race course and an abbreviated version of the half race course. There will be guides cycling along with the group to provide directional support, as well as a sweep vehicle ready to provide light mechanical support, such as assistance with a flat tire.
Course Preview Dates:
- August 5 – swim talk, Rev Oly, SheJams Oly and Rev Half bike course previews 7:45 a.m. The half bike course preview will be abbreviated.
- August 9 – Rev Oly, SheJams Oly and Rev Half swim course previews with optional oly run course preview 6:00 p.m.
- August 12 – possible rain date for August 5
- August 16 – possible rain date for August 9
Course preview schedule:
- 15 minutes of check-in time
- Race course talk
- Course previews at training pace, w/shortening the half bike course to save on time
- $15 per person per clinic collected upon arrival at the clinic
What to bring:
- swim gear including wetsuit and brightly colored swim cap
- bike gear including a flat kit
- run gear if opting for previewing the run course
- nutrition, including hydration, and some light snacks
For more info:
E-mail us at: