As our team heads over the mountains and into the heartland of America, we’re excited to share another reason We We Run! Today we run for the estimated 70,000 young adults that are diagnosed with cancer each year in the United States.
Today is the launch of the 10th Annual National Young Adult Cancer Awareness Week. Working with our National Cancer Institute and 100’s of other organizations around the country, we are excited to come together to bring awareness to this disease and the young adult population.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRNwluM10FI[/youtube]
What is National Young Adult Cancer Awareness Week?
National Young Adult Cancer Awareness Week is about three things: Power, Strength, and Knowledge. By running through communities all across the country we are spreading the message, as well as uniting and empowering those affected by cancer. Take action and help us get the word out about Young Adult Cancer! The Ulman Cancer Fund and Rev3 are participating in NYACAW because:
- There are over 70,000 young adults diagnosed with cancer each year
- Survival rates have NOT increased for young adults in over 35 years
- Cancer is the #1 disease killer in the young adult population
- Young adults with cancer often experience: delayed diagnosis, insurance coverage issues, unique psychosocial care needs, fertility issues and access to life-saving clinical trials
For more information on young adults and cancer, visit:
How can I support young adult cancer awareness week?
- Make a donation to support the Run Across America @ rev3tri.com/america/