After a successful first season, Team Trakkers begins the New Year by revitalizing its relationship with the Revolution3 Triathlon Series, which now supports the team as its co-Title sponsor. Presenting sponsors include both Kestrel Bicycles and First Endurance, who return this year to support the 11-person professional team and 39-member amateur squad.
New partners for 2011 are industry-leading companies, AVIA (footwear), TYR (wetsuits, speedsuits), and Canari (apparel).
“The Revolution3 Team is overjoyed at the opportunity to be a sponsor of such high-class professional athletes. Their determination and drive to succeed motivate each and every one of us at Rev3. Our goal is to push the sport of Triathlon forward and we hope our commitment to this group of athletes shows that we take this growth seriously. We cannot wait to see them at the Rev3 races this year,” said Charlie Patten, Head Honcho of the Revolution3 Triathlon Series
“Kestrel is excited to be part of the Trakkers—REV3 Triathlon Team,” said Steven Harad, Kestrel Brand Manager. “This is our second year with the Trakkers team and with the addition of many top level athletes, we are looking forward to a successful season.”
“First Endurance is pleased and honored to be associated with this high caliber team of athletes and sponsors,” stated Robert Kunz, the VP of Science and Technology at FE. “All of the athletes will be using the entire system of First Endurance products, and more importantly they will have influence and input on our new product development, allowing us to keep producing and upgrading our line so it remain the best on the market.”
In addition to the changes in sponsorship, the team roster has grown and evolved. Returning members—Richie Cunningham, Brian Fleischmann, Jacqui Gordon, Amanda Lovato, and Michael Lovato—welcome new athletes, Hillary Biscay, Courtenay Brown, Kathleen Calkins, Chris McDonald, Jessica Meyers, and Matt Sheeks.
With a refreshed athlete roster and its committed sponsors, Team Trakkers—REV3 begins the 2011 race season with an evolved mission: to promote and help grow the Revolution3 Triathlon brand; to gain exposure for the world’s first real-time GPS tracking devices; to represent triathlon’s strongest brands; and to compete at a world-class level over varied distances, at multiple triathlon series worldwide.
“We had a great year in 2010, but our aim is to improve across the board, as we go forward,” stated Michael Lovato. “To evolve in a positive direction, we have partnered with key sponsors who are committed to the sport of triathlon, to its growth, and to its athletes. We could not be happier with our group of sponsors, or with our recharged roster of athletes.”
The full professional team includes:
- Hillary Biscay: 2008 Ironman Wisconsin Champion; 15-time top-three Ironman finisher
- Courtenay Brown: Danskin Tri & Silverman Half winner; Inside Tri columnist
- Kathleen Calkins: 2010 REV3 Cedar Point 3rd place; Top Amateur Kona 2009
- Richie Cunningham: 2x 70.3 Champion; 4x Top-Five 70.3 World Championships
- Brian Fleischmann: 1st World Team Champs; 2x 2nd place USAT National Champs
- Jacqui Gordon: Multiple Ironman and 70.3 Top-Ten finisher
- Amanda Lovato: 2010 Pucón 70.3 Champ; Multiple Half Iron Winner; Multiple IM Top-5
- Michael Lovato: 2x Ironman Champion; 3x Top-Ten Kona; 3x National Champion
- Chris McDonald: 3x Ironman Champion
- Jessica Meyers: 2010 Augusta 70.3 Champ; US National Team; Armed Services Champion
- Matt Sheeks: 2010 Duathlon Pro National Champion; 2009 Duathlon AG World Champion