Xtenex is a worldwide patented elastic lace technology that produces adjustable tensioning between shoe eyelets. This technology addresses the source of footwear related pain and discomfort: lace migration. Lace migration is the gradual movement of the shoe lace toward the forward bend of a shoe, which causes two main problems:
- Binding; a tightening and restricting pressure at the top of the shoe. This can lead to foot fatigue, pain, numbness and restriction of natural foot swelling.
- It loosens the fit around the footwear’s metatarsal area, which causes increased slipping and reduction of forward foot stabilization. This can produce heat friction, which often leads to painful blisters.
The unique design of the Xtenex lacing system solves the problem of lace migration. Xtenex laces have an elastic core and a series of knots along the entire length of the lace at consistent length intervals. Stretch the lace and the knots disappear, allowing you to thread the lace through the eyelets. Release the tension and the knots reappear. More knots between eyelets lessens the tension; fewer knots between eyelets increases tension. This technology enhances footwear fit, comfort and performance through its many advantages:
- The Xtenex Lace expands during natural foot swelling and eliminates foot compression.
- The lace does not slip — the knots maintain the original fit by restricting involuntary lace movement through the eyelets; increasing comfort and keeping the foot stable in the foot bed.
- No plastic pieces are needed.
- Eliminates “dual-compression impact” (impact #1 = shoe sole hits ground / impact #2 = foot hits foot bed of shoe).
- A lace shoe is made into a slip-on — Never tie you shoelaces again!
- Asymmetrical lacing — the shoe upper can be molded to the natural non-symmetric form of the foot by independently adjusting the tension between each set of eyelets. The unique ability to have different tension zones along the entire lacing system results in a custom fit every time.
- Enhanced lateral stabilization is achieved by increasing the tension along the left or right side of a shoe upper. This helps to stabilize and support the foot within the foot bed while enhancing footwear and foot care technologies such as orthotics, arch supports and insole technologies.
To find out more about Xtenex check out their website here or come and check them out at our Rev3 Knoxville Expo! They will have a booth for the weekend, come and check out the laces, and if you decided to buy a pair use the coupon in this ad and get $1 off your new Xtenex Laces!