Age Group Series 2013
Revolution3 is bringing back the Age Group Series to our 2014 race season. This series will provide our Rev3 athletes an opportunity to race against the best age groupers in the country in a season finale, championship Rev3 race. The series will also include Clydesdale and Athena divisions. Our inaugural Rev3 Championship Race will be Rev3 Knoxville in 2014. Rev3 races of the Olympic, Half and Full distances will serve as qualification races for the championship race. In addition, Rev3 will have an age group leader board on our website. We will do weekly stories on age groupers competing in the series and we will provide links to these athletes social media pages and blogs. Lastly, we will highlight the age group championship race with a video, the same way we do the pro races! Not only will age group winners be able to compete in the super-competitive series championship race, first, second, and third place winners will be awarded cash prizes. Prizes from our Rev3 sponsors will also be awarded to our fourth and fifth place winners in each age group, to include Clydesdale and Athena athletes.
Beginning this race season, Knoxville 2014, Rev3 age group athletes will start accumulating points. Take a look at some of the series specifics below:
- Races of Olympic, Half and Full distances for 2014 will serve as a qualifying opportunity for the 2014 championship race.
- The distance for the championship race, will a hybrid distance between a Half and Olympic Rev (Swim 1 Mile, Bike 40 Mile, Run 10 Mile) and it is mandatory to compete in if you want to win your age group in our series.
- You will have to compete at a minimum of 2 Rev3 races (Olympic, Half or Full distance events). You can race multiple events, but we will only count your best 2 races.
- A cross country scoring format will be used. 1st place is 1 point, 2nd place is 2 points and on down the line. So the lower point total you have at the end of the 2014 race year, the better.
- We will have a limited number of slots per age group, based off the % of athletes that raced with us in 2012. So, the Male 30-34 will probably have more spots then the male 60-64, as more athletes race in the 30-34 category.
- Tie breakers for the series will be determined by the lowest overall percentage to the winning time of your age group in the 2 races that were used to qualify for the championship event.
We will be offering the following slots for our age group championship race:
It should also be noted that REV3 will be working closely with USAT to determine the best course of action in regards to age group drug testing at our races. As more information becomes available, we will share it on our website, but please know that we WILL be testing age group athletes.
Age group athletes your opportunity is here. We are excited to serve YOU.
The revolution begins with U!
Take a glimpse of some of our REV3 Age Group Triathletes in action: